Who's ready for spring? We definitely are! One thing that is great in the spring is sitting out in the sunshine, reading a good book, and drinking lemonade. So lemonade cookies seemed like the perfect spring cookie.
These cookies were delicious and would be perfect to take on a spring picnic or just to eat as a snack on a spring afternoon. Not only are they delicious, but they are really easy to make and it doesn't have very many ingredients either. Everything you need can be seen in this picture:
Below is a picture of the creamed butter and sugar and eggs:
After adding the eggs, we added some yellow food coloring, just to make the cookies have that yellow color that is normally associated with the lemon flavor, so after adding in the food coloring, here is what the batter looked like:
After adding in the flour, the batter did become a little bit less yellow,but it still looked pretty yellow:
Below are some pictures of the cookies. We were going to take these pictures outside in a little picnic scene which would have been super cute, but it decided to be a nice and warm 38 degrees outside. Needless to say, we took the pictures inside. :)
Lemonade Cookie recipe:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- yellow food coloring
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1/2 cup thawed lemonade concentrate (to brush on top)
- powdered sugar (to dust on top)
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addiction. Add yellow food coloring and mix well.
- Combine flour and baking soda. Add to the butter/sugar mixture alternately with the 1/3 cup lemonade concentrate, beating well after each addition.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack. Brush with lemonade concentrate. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cool and enjoy!
Recipe slightly adapted from Taste of Home.
What is your favorite part about spring? We love the flowers and warmer weather!
Let us know in the comments below or on instagram if you tried this recipe!